July 28, 2013

Warm Summer Nights

Today we slept late and had a good night sleep. We started to wonder what to make for dinner later and we decided trying to make Vegetarian Feta-Zucchini Lasagna (recipe to this later), something my mom had had earlier this week while she went to lunch from work. So we decided to try could we make it and would it be as good as in the restaurant.

We went to a grocery shop and got everything ready. After eight o’clock we started to make the lasagna. When we got it in the oven, the wait felt so long and when it finally came out of the oven I couldn’t wait to dig in. We also made salad to a big crystal bowl and had a fresh baguette.

We went to the balcony to eat and drank red wine from the glasses with a real golden rim. The lasagna was so very good and I hadn’t even tasted the restaurant version but my mom said we got close. To me the lasagna was perfect and I would be doing it again soon!






We decided to go to the shore to sit on the patio and watch the sunset with a bottle of cold white wine. About 11:30 p.m. we left and I took my camera with me for my mom had took a picture of a sunset a few days back and it looked amazing. We were the only one there and we sat down and watched the water and the sun setting down. Occasionally someone with a dog went by but otherwise we were all alone. We sat, drank and talked about everything from boats to why does stars flicker and just enjoyed ourselves.



Suddenly we spotted a duck pack swimming in the water.


And we went to wet our toes in the water. It was very nice though the mosquitos were eating me up. They left my mother alone but were all over me.


We watched to the opposite shore and looked back to the days we were still living there imagining that with a boat we would be there in no time through the water.



We sat until the sun had gone down and just sat and talked and drank the whole bottle of wine. On 1:30 a.m. we rose up and started to head back home. This was a very nice day indeed with no rush and with good food and drinks. The nights are awfully dark again day by day so I want to take everything out of the rest of the summer before it’s over.

I even had time to watch two movies today; “Grown Ups” and “The Transporter” – both good movies and different movies and humor and action was just what I needed today. More, more, more of these kind of days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Flag Counter