February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day

Valentine’s Day always makes me think about the friends I have and how fortunate I am to have people in my life.

Sometimes, there’s nothing better than to spend a whole day at home, making food, eating and drinking well...



My mom had bought a box of fresh strawberries a day before Valentine’s Day and their scent was intoxicating – I haven’t eaten fresh strawberries since last summer!



After eating half a box of strawberries, where else to put the rest of them than to a pink sparkling wine?



I have proven to myself that homemade food can be as good as anything you would get from a restaurant! And as a vegan you can’t really find a variety of foods you can eat from restaurants so it can get a bit boring in the end. So, instead of going eating out, I made pita breads from scratch which I stuffed with everything vegan; vegetables, seitan kebab (also made from scratch), vegan crème fraiche and spicy tomato sauce – it couldn’t really get any yummier than that...

Have a good Valentine’s Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Flag Counter