December 20, 2012

Almost Christmas

Oh my gosh it’s almost behind every door and behind every window! Christmas it is!!

Today we went to see a Christmas performance by a choir group “Mieskuoro Laulajat” which was at Tuomiokirkko. We haven’t gone there before but this time we decided to go. And, oh, how wonderful the performance was! It sure brought up a Christmas spirit even more! I sure hope this will become another great tradition and I hope to go there next year also.



Our Christmas cleaning is in progress but we are planning to get it completely done by Christmas. We have been planning foods and I still have my recipes from last year so I don’t have to worry about that. But I’ve been trying to think something new on the Christmas table and I’ve been trying to make my seitan ham even better. But I still have time.

I’ve been listening a lot of Christmas songs, buying presents, already given presents and trying to lift my Christmas spirit even more. I called my dad and we arranged that like every year I would be coming there a day before Christmas. I can’t wait!

One thing what has been without is a Christmas calendar! As a vegan it is hard to find a Christmas calendar which is vegan. It takes a little effort to find even chocolate without milk. I’ve noticed that not every dark chocolate is automatically vegan. Sure I could have eaten a candy every day but I also discovered this kind of idea for a calendar, which is kind of funny, I think:




 Oh, I’m just kidding!! … or am I?

As it comes closer to Christmas, I’ve been declining every treat that is even a little bit Christmasy (is that a word?) like star-shaped Christmas pastries and gingerbread cookies. I’ve been pawning them just for Christmas so I can then enjoy them like for the first time in a whole year.

I love Christmas trees but since reading they can contain over 10 000 spiders and other bugs I’ve been bouncing whether to take a tree or not – at least not inside the house! But it is always lovely to decorate a tree beautifully and garnish it with a star on top of it. It is left to be seen whether we would buy a Christmas tree or something else instead. Still, I would not be crushed if we don’t have a tree... And besides cats would love it too much, they would climb on it, possibly even knocking it down and destroy it. They just would like it as much as everyone else in their own style!



But! Only days until Christmas and there’s still work to be done. But four days still remaining until Christmas Eve and we are getting there! It has snowed outside, it’s white, it’s beautiful, I feel good, listening to more Christmas songs. Meow!


… guess who else is behind every door and behind every window?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flag Counter